Followers

Friday 19 April 2013

Let there be light, but which light?

It is Time, I have to admit to myself that I need a good craft light to sew by, I have mentioned before that my eyes are fine in sunlight but as soon as it is grey I  struggle to see fine details.
I have looked at loads on line, from £6.99 to "How Bloody Much" and upwards. I do not want a magnifying glass on it, I do not want a floor standing model, I do not need to pay for a "name", I do not want it to whistle Dixie. I just want a clear light that is flexible so I can point it where I need light

Can anyone suggest a model, perhaps some one out there has the perfect light, please share.

This will be a photoless post as my phone, which is so big you can not really forget it is in my locker at work. My camera, which is now working perfectly, will not talk to the lap top. Until my lovely friend, the camera wizard who also knows about 'puters can have a shufti I am banjaxed.

I had another gentle night at work and could not sleep when I came home, I just was not tired so I read my Emails and caught up on some Blog reading and got through a chunk of a book. Can not do washing as it has been raining on and off since 4 this morning.

I dug some Haddock out of the freezer and with some mashed potato and left over cheese sauce from last night, I just made too much, we now have fish cakes sitting in the fridge firming up, I will flash fry them and then into the oven for 20 minutes, a tray of potato wedges and salad and dinner is sorted.

I have been going through my kitchen cupboards and there is only 1 item that was in the way, a small slow cooker that I have been shuffling around for ages. I was whining about it last night and one of the chaps said he would like it so now it has been re homed, making my cupboard space tidy.

Michael has been in his Man Cave building a work top over the existing one giving him the right height to work on and thus creating a storage space for more Boys Toys. he will soon come in with a flurry of sawdust heading for the shower. He is working tonight while I will be either reading or doing a bit of hand sewing while I watch some "chewing gum for the brain" on the telly.
It is now getting close to the time I need to be in the kitchen so it is TTFN    Pam

9 comments:

  1. Just realised where you are in blogland and will add you to my list.Glad you are enjoying frugalinsuffolk.
    Re bulbs you just need a daylight bulb -blue coloured bulb or and ecozone bulb for economy. Craft shops for the first, natural collection for the second plus other places of course. They are more expensive but last for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, I used to use an anglepoise lamp but it was too restrictive, I could not get it exact. I need to get to a big craft shop.

      Delete
  2. Pam, my other half bought me a tall lamp with two ..er...lamps just from home base or somewhere, the lights are VERY BRIGHT which we need in our somewhat dark cottage, and like you I can't read/see to sew in the half-light. Trouble is the lamps give off a LOT of heat!

    I've got to tell you we had our bacon chops tonight, I put them on a bed of chopped onions and ..... plums! Yes, couldn't find an apple, unusually, and then I sprinkled with pepper and oregano and swished some olive oil through the fruit/veg. It was blummin' gorgeous! Chops a s tender as anything. I got 4 chops and a handful of its which went into the minestrone soup for tomorrow - not bad for £1, eh? Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to improvise when I cook, I have used my home made plum jam if that is all I have to hand. I do make a batch or 3 every year with chilli and garlic, it is wonderful in a stir fry, beats buying those sachets or even worse the jars at over £1 each.

      Delete
    2. Do you grow your own plums, Pam or just buy them at the market? And what a brill idea adding the garlic and chilli, turns it into a savoury condiment.I always thought when I retired I'd spend my time making jams and jellies (which I haven't done for years) but I never seem to have the time! I must get organised this year.

      Delete
  3. I have a prolific Victoria plum tree but last year the fruit rotted before it ripened, luckily I had a good stock from the year before. Anything that i do not grow I keep my eyes open as I travel around. I have Knock on many doors asking if they sell their greengages, hazel nuts,or whatever I can see. Mostly I am invited to help myself, I have only had one rude response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have straight away written down" add chilli and garlic to plum jam" and put it in the folder with the chutney recipes.what a clever idea.Just have to hope this year is a good plum year, last year( due to weather) we had almost nothing on any of our 20 or so various fruit trees it was like a fruit famine and we had to beg from neighbours!

      Delete
  4. Hi Pam, if you get a magnifying lamp let us know what you have gone for, my eyesight is quite poor too and I find it difficult to do close up work.Embroidery and cross stitch is out at the moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making it my goal for next week to hustle my butt round and find a light, rest assured that I will post about it. This blog writing is brilliant, it is like talking without interruptions from anybody or anything, and I can "talk the hind leg off a donkey". That is a saying from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.