Followers

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Back home at last, but only for a while.

My weekend away with Jeannie was lovely, we spent the first day catching up , drinking tea and spoiling Ben ( that was Jeannie)
 Sunday it rained and blew up a storm so apart from nipping out with Ben every dry bit we lazed away the day. We looked at photos, and played "do you remember" along with more tea, much more. A leg of lamb was roasted and enjoyed with all the usual trimmings, pudding was not needed.
We watched a bit of TV, there were some good wildlife programs on we enjoyed them and so did Ben.




You can not see what he is gazing at so intently here.


This is his "who me" look, I think that is an otter that he was intrigued by.


Monday it was time to come home and the nearer we got the nicer the weather became. I managed to do the laundry and dry it outside and do a bit more in the garden.
Today the last corner has been cleared and the garden looks like a strangers.
I am up to my ears in boxes and bubble wrap packing up my china and glass. If the move falls through it will all stay packed away as I can not face doing it all again.
The last step in the process seems to be taking forever and I am getting twitchy. I have made phone calls and sent e mails in the hope of speeding things up.

I have a property list to see over the weekend so I hope the weather hold dry, nothing worse than traipsing around in the rain.

It is clouding over so I must dash and get the second load of laundry in, we had a downpour earlier just after the first load came in.


                         TTFN                                        Pam

6 comments:

  1. We've just helped a friend move so I'm with you on the packing! He's been in nearly four weeks and there's still some unpacking. I love the pic of Ben watching TV x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the packing and I hope things run smoothly for you, our chain has recently broken, our buyer lost there buyer and we were looking to move end of May, what area are you hoping to move to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mums dog loves watching animals on TV. She seems to know they're animals even with the sound off most peculiar! Glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope the move runs smoothly for you , i hate the in limbo bit , its the worst part , good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to hear things are moving along, funny you should be visiting Derbyshire, we live there and are spending Easter and the following week in Lincolnshire! The weather has been very kind to us, we have another 4 days before Mr B needs to be back for work.

    Are you finding you don't need something until you've packed it away lol

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely time away, Pam. Regarding your move, I do sometimes wonder exactly what we pay estate agents and solictiors for when it comes to house selling and buying since, in my experience, its usually us who end up doing half the running and phoning around getting the work done. Anyway, I hope all goes well for you. Loved the pictures of Ben, dogs manage to have so many expressions on their furry little faces.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.