Followers

Saturday 11 July 2015

25 "Fascinating" Facts.

John at Going Gently has a blog post of 25 Fascinating facts about himself. I am game for a laugh so here goes.

1, As a teenager I dated a wannabe pop star, he did make it to the big time long after we went our separate ways.
2, I stole a rolling pin from Woolies in Norwich in 1969, I pt it on the hood of my friends pushchair on our way round and then forgot about it. She found it about 3 weeks later.
3, I took ballet and piano lessons as a young child. Hated both then but wish I could play now..
4, I have what used to be called Monkey Blood, that is why I only had the one child.
5, I have worn specs since I was 8 years old, and am the only one in the family to do so.
6, I passed my driving test, at 18, on the first try and bought a Zephyr 6, AKA "the tank". When I got it home my Dad asked me if they had sold out of double decker buses.
7, My first "bought by me" pet was a budgie.
8, I then bought a kitten and the budgie attacked it.
9, The earliest memory that I have is hiding in our dog Patch's Kennel, I had been naughty.
10, My Granny taught me to sew and make dolls clothes.
11, My Mum taught me to knit and make my own patterns.
12, My Grandfather taught me to read using the Eastern Daily Press.
13, I read every book in the primary school in my first year.
14, I have cooked for a Viscount.
15, I just love ready salted crisps, I do not buy them very often.
16, Sunday morning was baking day, I used to get up early with Granny and cook till dinner time, bliss.
17, I have never eaten a deep fried Mars Bar. But Bounty bars are lush when deep fried and served with fresh pineapple.
18, I had the best chips ever in Belgium oozing with deep yellow home made mayo.
19, My first dog was an English  Springer Spaniel, Prince.
20 The first dog in my home was my son's Golden Retriever, he named her Goldie, he was 5 at the time.
21. I had 2 cats called smokey and the bandit. Smokey was a short haired Russian Blue, Bandit was a long haired Moggie, with a black mask.
22, I drove a car transporter for a while.
23, I once lived next to a close relative of a minor royal.
24, I have had my hair as short as 2" and long enough to reach the back of my knees when plaited.
25, I once died my hair green and yellow, and dressed head to foot to match when Norwich were in the cup run.

Some of these will have been on the blog, it is quite a struggle to decide what to include, and what to leave out. I would not want to mention names as it is an invasion of privacy. Of course now that my list is complete there are lots of things jumping into my mind, perhaps there will be a part 2.

        TTFN                                                             Pam

I am planning on a bit of a garden make over, watch this space.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had an interesting life. Love your cat names, I remember Smokey and the Bandit well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the DVDs and watch bits now and then. I am certain that we all find each others lives so much more interesting than our own.

      Delete
  2. Oooh - I know MUCH more about you now than I did Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added on to Yesterdays chatter and there is not much more to know... or maybe there is.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant, Pam, I'll do one tomorrow I think. So come on then......who was the pop star?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was known for his clothes! We met several years ago when he was visiting a recording studio near Harleston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's that last one that has made me go right off you!! Green and yellow - how very dare you mention those canary colours to someone born in Suffolk! ( I am only joking as I hope you know)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have you know that I had a tee shirt with the horse resting his foot on a canary, I wore it till it was so faded that it was almost 50 shades of grey. I was spray painted orange when Diss brought the Vase home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiding in the dog kennel! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would not let anyone near me, I knew that I was safe.

      Delete
  9. I'm intrigued about you even more now! A pop star and neighbours of the rich and famous! Not convinced about a deep fried bounty bar mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that they were not famous and did not consider themselves rich. They were a lovely couple and I was glad to know them. You can blame Nigella for the bounty bars, she set me off. Now I can not make them as I do not have a fryer and do not intend to ever have one again.

      Delete
  10. Great things Pam!!! You have had an eventful life, I hope that it continues to be so! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed most of my life, there were some sad bits and some fairly not nice bits, but all have gone towards making me who I am now. I am happy to keep on evolving.

      Delete
  11. A great post! You have certainly lived in 'interesting times'....lol... the pop star intrigues me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed that , but I really want to know who the pop star was ....... Unanswered questions like that will do my head in ! Well in regards to dressing in green and yellow , must be the inner Aussie trying to break free xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could well be right about that inner Aussie, I am a heat lover, and the only wine that I drink is from down under.

      Delete
  13. You've led a very fulfilled life Pam, I might see if I can dig up enough facts about myself to do a similar post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, it is amazing what you can drag out of your memories if you try. I may do a "mark 2" post later.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.