Followers

Saturday 30 January 2016

A parcel from America.

Today has been a real Red Letter Day, the sun has been shining, even while we had a little flurry of hail.
I had washing on the whirly thing that came in iron dry.
My shopping came to a grand total of £14 and that included food for Ben for the week.

B U T........ Best of all was this,



The post frank. Exciting stuff.


The contents snug inside a ziploc bag.



Look at those dinky leather thimble dots, I will be saving them for my next bit of hand stitching.
Two reels of Aurifil thread, I look forward to finding out whether it is as good as some stitchers say.


No fewer than 3 charm packs, all in colourways that will mix wonderfully and a mini charm pack to match.
I have a pattern in mind I just need to check that I have the correct pre cuts.

All of these came from Lisa at In the Boon Docks, I have followed her for ages and entered the give away and then promptly forgot about it. In fact I found out that I had won from a commenter before I had the email from Lisa.  As this was on the cusp of Christmas I knew that it would be a while before the package would be coming. I put it to the back of my mind and let the dust sift over it, so today was a great surprise.

I have made a start on a second wreath, a few flowers  and about threequarters of the  ring cover are done. This one will be completely different, but you will have to wait to see.

I am off to eat my dinner, left over  curry under a puff pastry lid, it smells gorgeous.

                   TTFN                                                   Pam




14 comments:

  1. I've never seen them thimble pads before. You learn something new everyday. I can't wait to see what you make x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait myself. Nice to see you again Julee. Hope all is well for you.

      Delete
  2. Hello Pam, what a lovely surprise in the post. Just seen you have a comment from Julee who's been vanished for ages so Hi Julee how are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely surprise, even though I knew it was coming. Equally lovely to hear from Julee again.

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous parcel to have received!! Hope that you enjoy using everything, let us know about the thimble pads and the thread! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do a bit of EPP to try the pads out, and maybe have some playtime on the Janome to give the thread a whirl.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a good day, it is exciting when a parcel turns up x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous little packs of fabric X what a nice surprise X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots for me to stroke and play with.

      Delete
  6. That's a lovely and generous package to have received. Barnyarns in Ripon sell Aurifil thread and I think it sews well. I usually order from them online, but managed to pay a visit to the shop when we were in Yorkshire last October-it is an Aladdin's cave of all things threadlike. I caame out like a packhorse as several other sewers asked me to buy for them too.! Worth a look Pam and sometimes they have good deals. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get on with it I will have a look for a local stockist, Yorkshire is a bit too far. Unless of course for a holiday.....

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see what you do with the fabric Pam. I adore Moda fabrics. Would love to know what you think of the Aurifil threads too-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moda is my first port of call when I plan something quilty, although there are several others on my list as well.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.