Followers

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Just a Quickie

The sun is shining, the air is positively balmy, the birds woke me at 4.45 and after 30 minutes I threw the towel in and got up.
I opened curtains and windows wide on my way through and the back door as well. At that early hour there was still a slight nip in the air but I did not mind at all.
I had a cuppa and a quick look at my blog list, Ben was eager for his walk so we set off to wake the day up.
I had a little of the quilt border to slip stitch down and that was a quick job with another cuppa.


I am happy to have this finished and there are probably enough crazy blocks to make another. It is not for the bed, it was meant to be a sofa quilt but will possibly go in the car for picnic days out.
The backing is a pale peach remnant and the binding is a cream with pale grey polka dots.
Now I have to get back to Juniors jumper, I had all the parts with me on Saturday to double check the measurements. He is growing like a weed and I had to add an inch to the sleeves.
My garden needs some TLC and the greenhouse requires a tidy up.
I am off on my usual Tuesday trip to Neath in a while but will be outside later.
I aim to pop into the Library and look for a Harlan Coben book, I have been watching The Five and am hooked. I have seen his books on the shelves but never been tempted to pick one up before.

Time to go.

           TTFN                                                             Pam

9 comments:

  1. The quilt looks fantastic I had thought about doing one to take to the beach and putting a waterproof backing on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely start to the day here too Pam but now the clouds are rolling in and it's getting quite dark so it looks like rain for us again.
    Your quilt is beautiful I really must challenge myself to do a scrappy quilt rather than just strips or blocks-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started off well and then it became a little overcast but as yet still quite a nice day, I am surprised. Love the quilt, the wonderful array of colour is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the longest time I couldn't access your blog. (long story) Now I put it in my favorites column. I hope all is well with you, Pam. I've missed the blog!

    For those who love reading there is a free e-book on amazon today of a suspense novel 'In the Shadow of the Shield', by Carolyn LaRoche. The book has a 5 star rating.
    I'll put the link here, but I'm not sure if it will work http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Shield-Secret-Lives-Book-ebook/dp/B018W98LEW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462285174&sr=8-1&keywords=carolyn+larochein your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is stunning, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam just to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Award via my blog http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.co.uk/.

    Tricia

    By the way I love that quilt it is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is beautiful, a rainbow of colours, love it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.