Followers

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Feel the shine

Rain, rain and more rain but life goes on. I wasn't bothered at all about the rain today, I was out helping to deep clean a house. I didn't exert myself too much, a little window cleaning and wooshing through cleaning paintwork, my white vinegar, water and washing up liquid spray works wonders.

I am going back on Friday to help do the kitchen, there is painting going on tomorrow and I have my visitors coming.

The boot socks are finished and more are wanted, another 2 pairs, later on. I have cast on a new pair but they are for knit and natter, I will share once they are finished.


I used the new heel construction and it was highly rated by the recipient. I should have taken a closeup, I will do soon the next pair.

Tina, from Loobylouyarns was at knit and natter yesterday, she brought me some wonderful homespun, Merino and Silk, in a peacock colour. It is eye candy of the 'nth degree. I wish that she had a sweaters worth.
Any way, after coming home and cleaning up and changing I set the swift and winder up.



The yarn is greener in the flesh, but just look at the shine, it is a shame that you can not feel the softness.
I have cast on a simple  1 row reversible pattern. There is a nice lot of texture but no so much that the yarn slides into obscurity.



There is a deal of Alpaca fleece being washed at the moment so I am hoping for a sweaters worth in the not too distant future.


When I did my Sunday shop I was just in time to pickup a stack of RTC veg, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers, celery and carrots. As well as cooking a roast I cooked for the freezer. I now have a pile of chilli, chunky pasta sauce and curry packed away. Once the garden days start I will be able to eat without worrying about cooking.

Now I really need to get back to the scarf, it will be a gift for a birthday next month.

Tea wouldn't go amiss either.

                       TTFN                                                 Pam










7 comments:

  1. I love the cour of your new yarn, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much better knitted up and is almost iridescent in sunlight, just like a Peacock.s tail. I plan on having a chat about a sweaters worth.

      Delete
  2. That is just the most amazing colour Pam-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. How did I hit the delete button?? I will try again.
      I am in lust with it, I want to wrap myself up in it and swan around like a movie star.

      Delete
  3. Pam, your yarn and knitting is lovely. Can you give me the recipe for your cleaning spray please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use roughly half and half white vinegar and water with a few drops of washing up liquid. The vinegar smell is gone in seconds and just leaves a hint of whatever washing up liquid you use.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.