Followers

Saturday 3 June 2017

A Blister! where?

Just at the base of my thumb, on my right hand. It is only a baby one and will be absorbed soon, fingers crossed.

Totally my own fault. I woke up early and hit the ground running. Showered, dried and dressed at stupid o'clock, what to do?
knitting, no, don't want to sit still. Crochet, ditto. Sewing, finished everything that was cut out. 

AHA, little chink of light.

Get the sewing list out, get the fabric out, find the pins, patterns and scissors and get busy.


This soft polycotton has been in the stash forever, now it will become a robe and pj's. Francesca will love them. Well she will if she knows whats good for her.


This is another soft polycotton, a little heavier as it has a higher percentage of cotton, this little bundle is also a robe and pj's.

I should say here that I am not making a traditional button through pj jacket. Instead I am making a version of my birdcage dress bodice. This will be cooler for Fran and no buttons for her to lose. No need to ask me why that is a good thing!


This last, but not least, sad little roll is another robe. The fabric is cotton shirting and has a soft feel but with enough body to give it a crisp finish. Perfect for the SO, I do have rather a lot so PJ's may follow, possibly 2 pairs.
 But, before I commit myself I will rootle through the pattern stash for a shirtdress, I am sure there is one hiding in there somewhere.

This day is still to make up its mind as to what weather we will get. It has vacillated between brilliant sunshine and grey dullness. The washing will be hung out just as long as it stays dry.

The day's jobs are all done and I will get all the robes made first. Then the pj bottoms and then the tops. I hope to have them all completed by tomorrow afternoon. That way the decks will be cleared before dinner needs cooking and I can decide whether to make the elusive shirtdress up or not.

WooHoo, it looks as though the sun has won the day so I am off to peg out.

                           TTFN                                      Pam





9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an impressive amount of sewing. Hope you manage to get it all done. Love the beautiful fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All done and dusted and another dress cut out ready to sew, maybe tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You're a machine Pam.
    I'm so sorry I didn't realise it was your birthday, it has been a very busy and fairly stressful couple of weeks and am only just slowing down now. Sounds like you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed, but then I try to have a lovely time in every day.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are certainly going to be busy sewing. I hope you find the shirt dress pattern.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has hidden itself away, I am bound to find it when looking for something else.

      Delete
  4. YOu are a wiz at the sewing machine. Love the robe from your last post. Well done. I really wish I could sew but that does not seem to work for me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dabble a bit in lots of things, my sewing would probably reduce professionals to tears but it all turns out fine in the end.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, can you please bottle whatever it is you have, I'd like 2 bottles please, you always remind me of the viola cake mix lady advert from years ago. I have so many projects and jobs whizzing around in my head but have to be frugal with the actual job my energy levels drop quickly. However you're a fantastic inspiration, I really enjoy your blog and your makes, you go girl. Take care x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.