Followers

Saturday 24 June 2017

On My Way

Last Wednesday morning I hopped on the scales and was not totally shocked to see the needle stop on 80 Kg.
This morning I was pleased to see that it had dropped by 2 Kg(ish).
I have to say ish as my cataracts prevent me from seeing exactly. Next Saturday I will get the SO to read the scales for me.
So I have lost a little, I have not gone on a punishing regime that will have me dreaming about marshmallows and trying to eat the pillow.
I am just cutting back and having sensible portions. I will be eating much more raw food as these take longer to digest.
Tonight we are having pasta with a leek, bacon and tomato sauce. There will be garlic and ginger in there, but I will be cooking half the amount of both pasta and sauce that I usually would. I don't want any leftovers to tempt me into having second helpings.
I will be serving it with another salad, good job that I love it.

Enough of that for now.

I have started to sew my version of the Lilou dress together, just having a little tea break, and am about to press the lined bodice and turn it right side out. That is all the fiddly bits done, I am not a fan of sewing darts.
The skirt will have side seam pockets and is a simple gathered skirt, no pattern needed. once bodice and skirt are married the zip will be the last challenge.

I will share it tomorrow as long as I get it finished.

I have another dress cut out but have not decided on the lining yet. No rush, I want to enjoy the process not just aim for the finished product.

We are going to an afternoon tea party tomorrow, I don't want to abandon my new food regime but will be relaxing it slightly. If temptation proves irresistible I will just count it as lunch and dinner. I have to be honest with myself and I will let you know how I fared. 
The sensible action would be to stay away, but this is a knit and natter group afternoon and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I have nearly finished the sleeve increases on my cardigan and hope that a TV knitting evening tonight should get me well on the way to casting them off.
I am thinking of making the front a very low V neck rather than rounded as this would make a change for me. The option is in the pattern, I will decide once I get to the point in the pattern where I have to get off the fence.

I am back to my sewing, enjoy your weekend no matter the weather.

                        TTFN                                                Pam

6 comments:

  1. I really wanted to sew this afternoon but it has gone very warm again here and my brain just will not work.
    I will have a lazy afternoon today and then hopefully try again tomorrow.
    Enjoy your tea party-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire anyone who has will power and self restraint. It's obviously paying off already and you're doing brilliantly. Portion control is what lets me down. I know I eat far too much. I will be addressing it from now on as you're giving me a push in the right direction. Thank you Pam.
    Enjoy your afternoon tea. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done Pam, 2kg in such a short time is amazing. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow and steady wins the slimming race. The only thing that works for me is not buying the things I know I could easily gorge on!! I no longer buy crisps/biscuits/cereals as I could live on these. I buy full fat food as this keeps me fuller for longer. I try to keep carbs low (type 2) - oh it's all so fiddly!! Luckily the greenhouse is filling up nicely with healthy stuff. Things I buy in for our two small granddaughters are hidden away out of my sight in a cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the weight loss, you have done well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done, that's a great start.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.