Followers

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Shady Sewing

I spent yesterday afternoon mainly in the shady sewing room, happily stitching, pressing, pinning, cutting and generally playing with fabric.
The morning was taken up with getting Francesca packed and on to the train in Neath. There was a hiccup as the points were playing up along the line, this meant a delay for her train. 
Then of course there was the incident at Paddington which closed the station down, a 2 1/2 hr journey took almost twice that. So instead of arriving home by 4:00 ish she was at Victoria station at 5:30 and finally arrived home around an hour later hot and sticky. All thoughts of unpacking were abandoned for a long cool shower.

I was happy to stay in the sewing room, another pair of Pilates trousers were made (and posted off this morning). I have 2 dresses and another set of thin cotton pj,s for Francesca all cut out and ready to sew. That should keep me happy for the rest of the week.


This is the fabric that I made her second pair of Pilates trousers in, it has been languishing for far too long and deserved to be used.


This cream cotton with a tiny black spot will be another PJ set, not for sleeping in so much as lolling round the house when it is too hot for proper clothes. She took one set made in it back with her and one of my cut out dresses is in this as well. I bought masses of it some time ago when it was at a ridiculously low price.


This lilac print will be a Lilou dress, from Tilly and the Buttons. I am sure that I have said this before, but am too lazy to check.

I have zip and thread ready, just need to wind a bobbin and I will be on a roll.

It is knit and Natter today, and I will need to have a bit of lunch soon, I like to leave fairly early and don't want to drive directly after eating.

On the subject of food, it will be salad all the way during this heat, Nicoise tonight. I can just about stand to boil a few eggs and some green beans but any other cooking is a No Go Zone.

I have enough bread in the freezer for this week and will be able to make the next batch late in the day, if it goes into the oven at 9:00 pm that will be fine.

That, of course, assumes that this heat will last. This is the UK and Wales in particular, so it is not a good assumption to make.

It has just turned mid day so I am off to feed my face.

BTW the lovely Mandy has another You Tube podcast up and a new sock pattern out. 

                      TTFN                                  Pam

6 comments:

  1. Love all your fabrics - nice choices. Hot here too in Eastern US. My dinner last night was yogurt with fruit and granola! No cooking allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric for the pilates trousers. It will be a rummage around the fridge for us, food shopping is becoming a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your sewing mojo, mines disapeared !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I do love the fabrics. That dotted one is perfect for a lounging around outfit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in the Los Angeles area we have a vast range of temps. In the inland valleys and upper deserts it's about 43C and very dry and windy. Where we live (5 miles from the coast) it's about 24C. We also have extreme fog at night and early morning. If I had to drive 15 miles east, we'd be in the high 30'sC. We will appreciate the lower temps. The dogs appreciate it.

    I love the lilac fabric. That would be a wonderful sleeveless nightie with a little robe to go over it.
    Love your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those fabrics, so much fun. You are such a terrific seamstress.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.