Followers

Monday 12 June 2017

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

Never mind the answer, what's the question?

Oh come on now, it is sunny, there is a lovely breeze and it is Monday.

There can only be one question.

Where Is The Laundry?

I woke up, after a good night's sleep, to sunshine. Of the brilliant kind. 

The bed was stripped and linen in the machine before you could say Jack Robinson, should you feel the need to say that, and why wouldn't you?
Closely followed with the clothes washing, how good is that feeling of having an absolutely empty laundry bin.

Image result for cartoon  stock images washing on line

The bathroom and kitchen have had their "good going over" and the vacuum has been right through downstairs. It will be going upstairs once my cuppa is drunk.

All that is missing is the smell of lavender polish and it could be a day from my childhood. Monday was always washing and cleaning day.

No crafting today, well so far anyway, I have a pair of trousers on the cutting table and want to sort out fabric for a top to go with them.

They will wait till the chores are all done though, I may not be houseproud but my fun time needs to be earned for it to be fun.

Ben is back on top form.

I wasn't up too early this morning but he hunkered down in his bed and made his appearance about an hour after me.

Then, in the way that only animals can, looked at me with the " why is my breakfast not in my dish and why have I not had a walk yet?" face.

So my cuppa was abandoned and a walk was the first priority, then breakfast was prepared and wolfed down, in a " just in time before I starved to death" way.

Now he is in one of his favourite spots and snoozing.

My cup is empty but my list of chores isn't so I will say toodle pip, see you on the shiny side.

                        TTFN                                            Pam





10 comments:

  1. Snap - two loads of washing on the line and grass has been cut. Now lunch and shopping and doctors appointment this afternoon, I might find time to knit later

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the simple things that add up to a happy life.

      Delete
  2. My washing, bed linen included is also blowing in the wind. Glad to hear Ben is feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a beautiful day! The heat arrived here - have to stay inside.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have heat today, I will be in the garden for an hour then inside catching up on blog reading and podcast watching. sigh hehe

      Delete
  4. A cracking drying day today, and I only managed to get one load done! Here's hoping for more in the week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be able to peg out to your hearts content this week.

      Delete
  5. You cannot beat line dried bedding! Glad Ben is on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell from sun and wind beats any fabric conditioner hands down.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.