Followers

Wednesday 14 June 2017

The long and the short of it.

Before I get into that I have some exciting news for you, well I think its exciting.

My crafty friend Mandy has started a podcast!!!!!

How cool is that.

Her first episode is on YouTube  now, look for stitching for sanity. She told me that it was terrible, she was so nervous, problems with the recording, yahde yahde.

Not So, she was her calm and gentle self. Do go and have a look, I expect the content to grow and you will be astounded when she shares her crochet.

It is always good to find something new to watch and the fact that this is local is the icing on the cake, the fact that I know her and see her most weeks is the cherry on the top.

I have  new neighbours, just 3 doors away, Angela, who has moved from Pembrokeshire to be nearer to her Mum. To keep her company she has a whole extended family of little dogs.



Here are just a few of them, I will try to get sharper photos another time, they were too excited to keep still for a second.



I think there are some different ones here.




This pair are on full alert and have all the angles covered.


The reason for all the excitement,



Rufus, who lives just next door, has visitors from just over the road.


Meet Bertie, on the left, and Queenie. Rufus loves them and they often visit each other.


And here it is, the long and the short of it. Bertie is quite small, much smaller than Queenie and next to Rufus he is really petite.

Ben joined in the general melee so I scooped him up and took him home for his dinner.

By the way the new recipe is not half bad, I had some smoked humus with my Felafels and the SO had chilli and garlic sauce with his. I will make them again but will add some mint with the parsley and possibly some lemon zest.
I found some fabric for Fran,s Pilates trousers and will get it washed tomorrow.
 I was reasonably good this afternoon, no yarn was purchased. I did have a lovely long play with Sophie but I did do a little knitting as my wrist was much better. In fact there was no stiffness at all by the time I got to Llandeilo. I did a little more in the evening but only about 20 minutes.

We had a very lively meeting, lots of chatter on a myriad of subjects. One of the group runs a little business with her husband, they produce items with a little poem made around the recipients name. I will share what I bought tomorrow.

I was tired by the time I got home and was glad that dinner was an easy make, 30 minutes from start to eat. No pudding, we both need to keep an eye on what we eat, but there is always a bowl of fruit and this week I have some slurpalicious peaches and apricots.

I was in bed by 10:00 and didn't wake until 7:50 !! that is a record sleep for me, I am still not fully awake but when Ben and I go for a walk I am sure that the fresh air will work it,s magic.
BTW the sun is shining out of a baby blue sky, I have put a load of fabric on to wash. I wash all my fabric before I make anything, even the high end stuff shrinks just a little. I would hate to put the work into a fitted garment, just to have the bodice shrink by just enough to make it too tight.

Right, my tea is drunk and Ben is hovering so I am off.

                     TTFN                                             Pam

Just before I go, the lovely Sheila, "Life's too short to iron tea towels" contacted me about a shirt dress pattern that she had and would never use. I have hunted high and low for mine and have decided that it must have been a figment of my imagination. Well I said "thank you very much and yes please I would love it"

Woo Hoo it arrived, not only one but two different sizes,and there's more. Sheila put a dvd by Debbie Shore in the packet. Thank you so much, I will be making good use of that Sheila.xx




14 comments:

  1. Love reading your blogs Pam, its like having you pop in every day for a chat xxx Glad the hand is feeling better xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, I am always happy to pop in and chat, as long as there is tea, ;D

      Delete
  2. Yay....so glad your package arrived safely Pam.
    Have fun-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased as punch and am reviewing the fabric stash.

      Delete
  3. Glad your hand is feeling better. That's a whole lot of dogs - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they come out of the house it looks like a river of dogs.

      Delete
  4. Always wonderful to get a package in the post. That is a lot of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love a parcel it is always exciting.

      Delete
  5. Glad to read that you have a new pattern to play with.

    My that is a whole lot of furry loving.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that I don't have to vacuum that house.

      Delete
  6. Went and watched your friends podcast and yes enjoyed it very much, I still think you should do one. loved the pics of your new neighbours dogs what a cute family they are.bye for now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had any idea how to go about it I might have a go, perhaps I ought to do some research.

      Delete
  7. Oooh good, another podcast to watch, I will definitely look it up. I bet Ben's excited having lots of new friends to play with, all shapes and sizes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben is quite beside himself, he has never seen so many dogs in such a small place before.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.