Followers

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Still Stitching Stash.

I do like a bit of alliteration.

After posting off the quilt this morning I had a mammoth tidy up session, I unearthed a few full coin strip sets and had a 

                                                 Image result for lightbulb moment

Bag them up up or use them up, Use them up as bags.

I dived into the box of left over batting and spent a little while zigzagging strips and squares together. I now have an almost empty box. COOL.

My attention then went to the box of biggish bits of fabric and with a bit of luck I found 4 pieces.

Then it was time to press, stitch, press and cut and I had the makings of 4 bags.

Baste, mark a design and quilt, I now have 4 bags well on the way.



Simple quilting, it's all about the colours for me.



Miles of binding on the way, chain stitching for speed and economy. The price of decent thread is astronomical.

I am taking W to the hospital early in the morning, Very Early, he has to be there by 7:30 am!!

I will be coming home, rather then stay there, as it is likely that he will be in overnight and he is scheduled to be the last down to theatre.

I hope to get the bags finished, or as near to it as possible. There is another quilt to layer and baste, I made the back this afternoon.

It has been wonderful weather for ducks and crafters lately. I did miss knit and natter today, I have so much driving to do this week that I wanted a restful day today. mmmmm

I am way behind in responding to comments, I have been asked for a glove pattern, but I can not remember the last time that I knitted any.
I need to make time to catch up and read through my blog list, it is all to easy for me to lose track of the passing of time.

In fact, looking at the time, I think I will make a start now.

                               TTFN                                    Pam







8 comments:

  1. Doesn't stash busting make you feel great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I felt positively euphoric. Then I realised that there is just as much waiting to be sewn into strips.

      Delete
  2. Gosh you make me feel so lazy but my crafting mojo still isn't fully home so I am just planning in my head at the moment.
    Hoping that the move round in the dining room will clear the path for it to come back.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to go with the flow,you have been focused on gifts lately, it will all come round again.

      Delete
  3. Wish I could stitch things together like you do. I have lots of scraps, but don't know how to begin. Yours are so pretty! Will the big quilt piece be made into four bags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have cut them to size and made the binding. I will get them finished early next week, there is a quilt to bind and another with around an hours quilting to do first.

      Delete
  4. It has been a long time since I machine quilted (usually tie or hand quilt) and I can really see that I need to practice more. Thank heavens this last quilt is for Kris and he is just happy that I am willing to make him a lighter one for the summers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first big quilt that I made was tied and I have hand quilted a few baby and toddler quilts. I aim to master free motion quilting next, I have done some but it needs some more practise.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.