Followers

Thursday 5 April 2018

The blame lies Where?

For most of my adult life I have shared my home with dogs and cats, sometimes 1 of each and at one point 4 dogs and 2 cats. All of this time I have vacuumed at least once daily (often twice) and muttered about hair and fur. I have taken washing out of the machine and pulled off little clumps of matted hair, and the pets have had the blame laid firmly at their door.

Now I only have Ben who does not shed much hair at all, and still I have the same issues. Just not so intense. I washed a load of tights yesterday and the amount of hair and little" bits" that I pulled off the feet was ridiculous. I took a closer look and Oh Dear, the hair was mostly mine. The little bits were a mix of tiny cotton threads, bits of yarn fibres, tiny slithers of fabric and so on.

It was all generated by me.

Yes there was the odd strand of Ben's hair but it was minimal.

All those years I have blamed the pets when some, possibly half, the fault was mine.

Hey ho, it is history. I will put it behind me.

I am off to the hospital later and the sun is shining, that possibly means a surge in traffic levels so I will leave 10 minutes earlier.

Oooh, I nearly forgot, last nights dinner! A fabulous Tagine, gently spicy, very fragrant and delicious. To put the icing on the cake it came with freshly cooked flatbread. I had to force myself not to eat far too much. No pudding needed.
Almost better is the fact that there are leftovers, mmmmmm. I like leftovers.

Now I am going to peg out the last of the washing, the laundry bin is empty, woo hoo.

Have a lovely day, I hope that you are getting some of this glorious sun.

                         TTFN                                       Pam

                  










17 comments:

  1. I've never vacuumed so much in my life as I do now we have Betty! But we love her still. Gorgeous day here, definitely (finally) a gardening day. Hope your cardio appointment goes well Pam. OH has his angio/stents procedure on Monday....provided it's not postponed again. I hope it's not, just want it over and done with so we know what's going on and can get on with things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have now had 2 glorious days, although today was not quite as warm. Fingers crossed that I can get on the garden tomorrow, if there is much more rain my garden may float away. Fingers crossed that the procedure goes ahead.

      Delete
  2. We woke to snow and now we have a beautiful day with sunshine, the changes are incredible. Hope all goes well at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it did. I saw that there has been snow in Scotland again, luckily we missed out over easter when it was forecast.

      Delete
  3. The blame for hairs lies firmly at the feet of our Smudge who sheds constantly. When I empty the hoover I swear I could knit another dog from the amount in there....lol.

    I'm going to be adding to my quilting book stash when I go to Quilt and Stitch Village....or I will if the trader has any left by the time we go on the Sunday.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get round to knitting another dog please can you send it to me. I have whittled my quilting books down to an acceptable level and will buy no more. Mmmm, famous last words, maybe.

      Delete
  4. Hope the appointment goes well Pam. OH is having a wisdom tooth removed tomorrow :/ We are not looking forward to that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is worse than a root canal drilling, my sympathies. I hope that all went well.

      Delete
  5. It amazes me that I am not balled, the amount of hair I (no dog here) shed all over the house. I feel that my hair has gone very thin compared to what it used to be. My hairdresser says I have tons of hair, it's just incredibly fine! Snowed again overnight, -20C. We are supposed to get snow everyday until next Tuesday. So over this!! DS#2 lives on the west coast and last night he was telling me all about the daffodils and all the cherry blossom on the trees in his yard,grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tie my hair back and wear a scarf when I cook, I am paranoid about finding a hair in my food. My daffs are finally opening.

      Delete
  6. My DH can tell where I’ve been in the house by the trail of fibres I leave behind. New cordless Dyson is brilliant-wish I had bought one years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking at those, which model did you buy?

      Delete
  7. Hair = cat here ..... definitely! He sits on my knee and I could stuff a cushion with the fallout, even after a good brushing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a long haired cat, he never seemed to loose any round the house. Perhaps it was just too lazy to fall out, he was bone idle.

      Delete
  8. I can lend you my long-haired Chloe, she's just a cat but boy can she shed! I often have to use one of those fine toothed wire dog grooming brushes to tackle the carpets, the vacuum cleaner just seems to push it in more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubber seems to attract pet hair, I used to go over the sofa with rubber gloves on. Then I woke up, smelled the coffee and changed to leather.

      Delete
  9. We have Freddie evidence all over despite vacuuming intensely and it's weeks since he was here! I'm a bit like Janice right now as it's me shedding hair - because it's dark they are easily spotted!! But I'm like you - full of thread, wool and cotton!! All adds to the fun of the fair as they say!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.